Yesterday I had a client ring me up saying some reports i deployed for testing were not functioning. The issue was that an input paramter of Date type was not accepting the date they chose – if they used the calendar picker. They got the error: “The vvalue provided for the report Parameter ‘Date’ is noty valid for its type.:
I am in Australia and we use the non-US (and more generally used) dd/mm/yyyy format in our dates. Closer inspection showed that after the users picked the date it was actually filling in the parameter using the incorrect (i.e. US) format: mm/dd/yyyy. We checked the locale settings in the report definition and the server itself and all was well: en-AU
The fix for this was found via google and another Aussie seems to have run across this problem
Essentially you need to edit the ReportViewer.aspx file and add the culture setting. The file is here by default:
C:\program files\microsoft SQL Server\MSQL.3\Reporting Services\ReportServer\Pages
At the top the page directive needs a change, as shown:
<%@ Page Language=”C#” AutoEventWireup=”true” Inherits=”Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportViewerPage” Culture=”en-AU”%>
Check out the comments on the link for some alternate solutions too.. it seems this fix did work for everyone.